Monday, August 31, 2015

Friedman on Governments

Milton Friedman, famed economist, understands big government:



He also counters dysfunctional liberal ideas about communism vs capitalism:


Here is a great collection of quotes, including my favorites regarding government: "I think the government solution to a problem is usually as bad as the problem and very often makes the problem worse." And, "I say thank God for government waste. If government is doing bad things, it's only the waste that prevents the harm from being greater." Then there is this: "One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results."  And, this: "They think that the cure to big government is to have bigger government... the only effective cure is to reduce the scope of government - get government out of the business." " Finally, I can spend somebody else’s money on somebody else. And if I spend somebody else’s money on somebody else, I’m not concerned about how much it is, and I’m not concerned about what I get. And that’s government. And that’s close to 40% of our national income." (see HERE)

And, I like this about Equality: "The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both." (ibid)

No comments:

Post a Comment